Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Breaking


Over the past year and several months, God has been bringing me through a season of breaking.  As if a spiritual wrecking ball has been tearing down walls in my heart and clearing out things that should not be there.  If I was to be totally honest, in practice I think I lived much of my life thinking that I desperately needed God's help to do anything when it comes to ministry.  And then came the first crash of the wrecking ball.  I began to think that I desperately needed His help in all of life.  The second crash of the wrecking ball.  Then I started thinking that I desperately needed Him to work through me in ministry, for apart from Him I could do nothing.  The third crash of the wrecking ball.  Then I started thinking that I needed Him for all of life.  The fourth crash of the wrecking ball.  I am now realizing that I desperately need Him for everything I do in all of life.  On my own, I will make a mess out of anything and everything.  It must be Him and only Him always and in every way.  I'm sure the wrecking ball will drive that even deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...