Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Windy Prayer Station

We headed to Lakewood Park tonight for a Prayer Station outreach.  Because of the heavy winds, we had to go "old school" with the table set up.  I set out a couple tracts and New Testaments, but I had to secure those because of the wind.  In fact, our chairs kept blowing over, as well!  On a positive note, the park was packed full of people at the swimming pool, a yoga class, football and soccer practices, and who knows what else.

As soon as I got the table set up, a nice gentleman named George came up and had no hesitation in asking for prayer for a family member.  After we prayed for him and the situation, his cell phone rang.  Before he walked away to check it, I was able to give him a Gospel tract.

Just as George walked away, Joe came up asking what a Prayer Station was.  I asked him a few times how we could pray for him, but he just kept saying that there was just too much to even say.  I asked if he would share just one need, but he would not.  He took a tract and walked away saying, "Just remember to pray for Joe."

Having gotten off to such a great start, I was wondering how the rest of our time was going to go.  As it turns out, Joe was the last one to talk with us.  I have some theories as to what may have kept people away.  Although, I may be way off.  I will make some tweaks and see if we get a different result.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...