Monday, November 28, 2011

Eyes to See (November 28, 2011)

This may be a journey of good intentions, but I'll give it a go anyway.  God is at work.  At least for me, it is easy to see Him at work in the big stuff.  The impossible answers to prayer, the unexpected gift, etc.  But sometimes, again maybe just for me, but it can be easy to miss His hand in the smaller things.  I want to be more deliberate in having eyes to see how God has worked even in the small details of life.  And I want to do this daily.  Hopefully this won't be a thing I do for a couple days and never touch again.  I want this be a as much of a daily journal as possible.  I pray it may be a blessing to you, but maybe I need to do this to remind myself to take note and give thanks for the ways God is at work.  So, here goes...

Today was a blessing.  The past several days (and couple weeks, actually) have been insane schedule-wise.  It was nice to get back into a more "normal" routine.  Granted, I was still spending time with God in all the busyness, but it wasn't the same as what I am used to having.  It is amazing how God is still there and ready and willing to meet with me.  Oh, how we can take that for granted!

This was also a day in which a loved one went in for back surgery.  I know we think of some things as routine, but no surgery is "routine" as far as I'm concerned.  Everything went smoothly and successfully.  Among other things, I am amazed at how God has made the human mind in such a way that it can think critically and how the mind has been used to bring us to a point of having so many medical advances so readily available.  This is another blessing we take for granted.  It should also cause us to remember in prayer those who lack what we have at our disposal.

I also had a moment this afternoon where I was stumped on a decision that I had to make.  I could have done what I thought best and been comforted that I was doing it for God.  But I truly wanted this to be a decision that came from God and not my own mind.  After some time of seeking God, I believe the answer came - and it came very clearly.  It was a very different conclusion than what I had been thinking before.  And once the answer came, several bigger issues began to fall into place in an amazing way.  Can you believe that God hears us when we pray?  Can you believe He is kind enough to answer?  Yet another thing we tragically take for granted.

Lord, thank You for all that You did today.  Forgive me for the things you did that I failed to see.  Grant me eyes to see the work of Your hand tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...