Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Eyes to See (November 30, 2011)

I recently preached a message dealing with the need to forgive others and to seek the forgiveness of those whom we may have offended.  Since yesterday's reflection, I have found myself having to deal with that in a real and difficult way.  When we are hurt by someone, everything within us seems to want to hold a grudge, take revenge, give a cold shoulder.  At least that's how I felt.

Earlier today, when telling God just how much I was hurt and how much I felt justified in holding a grudge, it was as though He gave me a glimpse of how grossly I have hurt Him by my sins.  In considering how He has loved and forgiven me, I realized the very least I could do was do the same to someone who hurt me in a far less way that I have hurt God - not only in the past, but even in my attitude after having been hurt.

Sometimes, seeing God at work is fun and exciting.  Other times, like today, can be rough, emotional, painful and needed.

Lord, thank You for how You were at work today.  Forgive me for the times when You were working around me and I failed to take note.  Grant me eyes to see Your hand at work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...