Sunday, March 11, 2012

IGNITE! Reflections

So, IGNITE! 2012 is now complete.  If you missed it, you missed out.  Sorry.  But, you did.  I have been praying for this conference for a long time and eagerly looking forward to it.  The attendance did not concern me, I just wanted us to meet with God.  Personally, I believe we did.

We had some people come from nearly an hour away, to three men who drove in from Detroit to seek God with us.  Our times of worship were wonderful.  People were not holding back from giving God the glory He deserves.  Our small group times of prayer were refreshing.  At least, that's how I saw it.

I would have to say that the highlight of the conference may have come in the two hours after it wrapped up on Saturday afternoon.  I had a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with the men from Detroit to talk about the things of God.  I pray that they left the conference edified in some way, because I know God used them to edify me.  I won't go into all the details here.  I will sum it up by saying that there has been a theme that God has been building into me for the past year.  That theme has been tested lately.  God used these brothers in Christ, without knowing me prior to the conference, to press them theme back into me deeper than it had been before.

Long story short, let me just say that if God does anything in 2013 like He did this weekend, you will want to be diligent in setting aside the dates for IGNITE! 2013 when they are released.  And let us begin praying now that next year, the 12th year of the conference, is the most God glorifying yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...