Friday, January 4, 2013

Encountering God - Week 1


This week, I have been reading the Gospel of Matthew.  Matthew's Gospel focuses on Jesus as the Messiah/King.  There are about 43 references to the "kingdom" and the "kingdom of heaven."  There are almost an addition 40 references to "heaven."  I found my heart pondering the question of the extent to which the Kingdom of God impacts my daily life.  Do I live every day in the daily grind, or is my life directed by something greater - by living for the Kingdom and investing my life in the things of the Kingdom?  Do I separate my life into the "regular" things and the "Kingdom" things?  Or is every part of my life lived under the umbrella of the Kingdom of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...