Sunday, January 13, 2013

Encountering God - Week 2

This week, reading through the Gospel of Mark, my heart was overwhelmed by the works of Jesus.  Mark presents Jesus as the Servant.  In particular, I am amazed at the spotless Lamb of God who took His pure and divine hands and touched lepers.  He didn't have to do that.  He could have healed them from a distance.  Rather, He did what no one else has done - gave them a loving touch.  I was challenged by the nature of my love for others.  Do I sacrifice for them?  Do I go above and beyond to minister to them - to touch them?  Is my life lived in such a way that people can see Jesus in and through me?  I could comfort myself that I will never be perfectly like Jesus.  Or, I can be challenged to surrender more of myself today so that Christ may live in me and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians: Jesus is Enough

  Part 1 – Jesus is Enough  (Introduction) – September 4, 2022 Video Audio Part 2 – Prayers for Jesus People  (Colossians 1:1-14) – Septembe...